-A A +A

Contact Us

Also find us on:


The government is making (and has already made) big changes to working-age benefits since 2013. Changes such as the “Bedroom Tax”- reducing Housing Benefit for working tenants with ‘extra’ bedrooms, and Universal Credit – where all payments, including those to cover your rent - are made monthly directly to you.

Some of these changes might make it more difficult for you to pay your rent. Remember - your rent is your responsibility, but Aksa Homes is here to help if you are having money worries.

We can also help you with mutual exchanges, transfers, or applications for Discretionary Housing Payments. 

There is more detailed information on all of the recent and forthcoming changes in our Frequently Asked Questions below. If you can’t find the answer to your question, please call 0161 331 2525 or email info@aksahomes.co.uk

Welfare Reform - FAQs

The Bedroom Tax - FAQs

The Benefit Cap - FAQs

Non-dependant deductions - FAQs

Discretionary Housing Payments - FAQs

Council Tax Support - FAQs

Personal Independence Payment - FAQs

Universal Credit - FAQs

Help with bills - FAQs